You can post your comments or questions below; if you wish to sign up for updates, just go to our ‘Subscribe for Updates’ section, at the very bottom left of the any page.  Please note that on this page only the last comment is shown.  To see the hundreds and hundreds of previous comments or questions, please click on the writing which reads ‘older comments‘.  You can also post on our Vegas Videos Requests page.
669 replies
« Older Comments
  1. Saul
    Saul says:

Jules, which casino offers the best comps and best over-all odds of winning on the strip? Which are your personal favorites.

Thanks for your time, Jules. Love your youtube videos.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Saul and thank you 🙂 this unfortunately changes frequently, it’s almost as they do it on purpose. In my experience, Excalibur offers great comps only their comps are at… Excalibur (such as free room offers over and over). However, I have received significant Bellagio offers lately and I only played there once in my last 12 months! I was told Venetian offers great comps (but they have no buffet, mind you, and I am a buffet lover) for ‘clever’ play (I talk about it on this website). I think they are trying to level out the ratio of play/comps so it’s a matter of which resort you want to come back to next time. The more affordable the resort, the more likely it is that you are going to receive free room offers. The exception is the Harrah’s group on low season, when they tend to offer FABULOUS comp offers for their play and, more importantly, their comps are not the usual ‘stingy’ 2 nights or, even worse, one night comp (which tipifies the MGM group). I think that the Harrah’s group tends to be far more generous to their players, compared to the MGM Group, but their resorts are generally nowhere near as nice, with the exception of Caesars Palace of course. Venetian and Cosmo and indeed any stand-alone resort is also – I think – generally more generous. I found the M resort to be generous too (they would send me 4 free buffet offers per month for just playing a few dollars – things seem to have changed lately though).

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hi there sorry for the delay 😉 yes, they always had breaks between bf, lunch and dinner, in a very annoying fashion, but it’s not unique to the Orleans. Most Boyd Gaming resorts have this annoying break, as if one would stay longer after eating that ‘stuff’ (to put it mildly). I am sure it’s a bit better now, and I’ll review it soon, on this website first and eventually with a video.

2. Dinand Looman
    Dinand Looman says:

Hi Jules,
    Thanks for all the information on your site / youtube. Appreciated! In early november 2017 we will stay 2 days in LV. And we like to try a buffet. My question is: how updated are your reviews about The Mirage, Ceasers…
    And what do you recommend?
    thanks
    D Looman
    Sweden

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Dinand and hi to Sweden! 🙂 Sorry for the delay, I was away. My website is updated although if I have not reviewed the buffet in a while I will write it on the page. Mirage and Caesars’ buffets are reviewed regularly because they are among the most popular. Mirage is always a safe bet although not as memorable as Studio B for example. Caesar’s Palace is good but it’s heavy and way too expensive for what you ultimately eat. Studio B is still the best, but Aria is great too (if you appreciate gourmet). Caesar’s is good if you don’t mind eating very heavy food and can digest the complete lack of a decent fresh salad section or any significant vegetables. I like variety and I like some healthy options to mix with all that unhealthy stuff. But you can read the details both on this website and on the video channel 😉

3. mike downs
    mike downs says:

Hi Jules, just got back from our yearly trip. Been a fan of your channel for years. We have talked about Paris buffet before and how it had gone down and was starting to make it back. We ate there and it was just awful. The amount of salt in every dish was unbelievable. How do you make steamed grab legs salty to the point where you just can not eat them is beyond me. We attempted the buffet at Planet Hollywood, that was under construction and not all stations were available. Look forward to your next review.

-mike

4. Gillian
    Gillian says:

Hello. Great site! Stumbled on it as we were specifically researching buffets. Going to Vegas end of the month. I’m a foodie and not a huge bufffet person but boyfriend wants to try a buffet. I remember aria’s buffet was good when I went for work in Jan, and your review matches what I remember (the “on a good day” version). But that was a weekday lunch. We will go for Friday dinner or weekend brunch. Can you call out what, if any, will be different from the three dining day/times mentioned? Also, do you know if Mlife rewards members get any perks or discounts? I just signed up and wondering how much to “earn” before I can claim, if any. Thx!

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Gillian! Glad to read that and sorry for the delay in replying… Friday dinner and Weekend brunch will definitely be even better! There will be more expensive dishes, more luxurious seafood and more ‘luxurious’ meat dishes as well as something special in every station. The dessert section will be the same. Every buffet is ‘better’ on the most expensive slots, namely Friday and Saturday dinner and Weekend Brunch 😉

5. Sandy
    Sandy says:

Thanks for you videos. I found them very helpful. We will be staying at the Excalibur and am wondering about getting to the pool. Hope this is not a silly question. Do change when you get to the pool or wear your suits with cover ups through the hotel. If your not in the tower where the pool is, that makes for a long walk. Thanks

Jules at top-buffet says:

HI Sandy! 🙂 Well if you are in the tower right by the pool you’re fine wearing a swimsuit though theoretically you should cover up a little but if you need to cross the whole resort you need to wear something else on top. I do 🙂 Yes, it’s tiresome but it’s not too long of a walk, in terms of effort; it’s just a nuisance.

6. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

With the Beach Cafe at Tropicana being shut down and set to re-open in the Winter as the Beach Buffet, do you think there’s any hope it’ll be the first decent buffet in south strip? Isn’t Tropicana owned by the same parent company as M Resort?

Thank you for all the great videos!

Jules at top-buffet says:

Absolutely! There is some hope that they may actually come up with a great buffet, though I suspect it will not be as huge as the one at the M resort, which has much more space.
      But South Strip does need a decent buffet, I agree!

7. Blulights
    Blulights says:

Cannery Buffet: DONT GO unless you like smoke with you food. It is supposed to be “non smoking”, which in the most technical use of the term it is. However, you are forced to walk a gauntlet of smokers to get to the restaurant, only to find in is smack dab in the middle of the smoking area. Saw ashtrays on some of the tables. There was NO separation of ANY kind from the smoking area, so, for all practical purposes it was NOT non-smoking as I understand that term. Disgusting, horrible, hard to breathe trip. I have allergies to smoke, and my nose started running a few minutes after entering, eyes began to itch and water, and continued to do so ALL during the time in their non-smoking buffet. Food was displayed in an appetizing way. Staffs lack of knowledge of food allergens, salt levels, sugar content was extremely poor. There were four items in the entire buffet I could safely eat.

8. Rita Gutierrez
    Rita Gutierrez says:

Jules,first time in Vegas what buffet has the best hot crablegs, and what is the best show to see while in town thanks.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hi Rita 🙂 well as per shows it’s such a personal choice it’s hard to tell you… I love Le Reve (Wynn) and O (Bellagio) because I love water ‘tricks’, and these shows are very good at them. Dinner is the time you need to go for hot crab-legs and you will have plenty of options. Aria, Studio B are always on top of the choices. Of course you can go to the Rio Buffet, which as a separate section for seafood, pay extra and have all the seafood you can think of!

9. Eric
    Eric says:

Hey Jules! My name is Eric, and in a couple years, I am going to Vegas. I was planning to go to Luxor and I’ve never stayed there before. Do you like the Luxor? And do you think I should stay there/worth it?

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Eric, welcome and sorry for the delay in replying! Luxor provides a great first-time experience, because the theme is really fun. Yes it’s worth it and you should be able to find great prices, it’s usually an affordable resort but double check with all the sources I talk about on this website.

10. Tina Cooper
    Tina Cooper says:

so glad I found your page. I am going to Vegas for a medical conference first week in September. We plan to go to Grand Canyon. I have 2 questions. First is about the MyVegas game. If something I want is sold out do they replenish those or are they just sold out? Second about the Grand Canyon I am mobility challenged and travelling the long distance is a challenge. We thought about flying to Grand Canyon have checked with Papillon Tours. What do you recommend? I would really like to do the skywalk but is it worth it? or better to just go on to South? Is Papillon Best Liked the wings on top of the plane. seemed to have good ratings from what I could find. Any help would be great.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Tina and so sorry for the delay!! They do replenish the ‘sold out’ rewards, especially those which are more or less regular, such as buffets and rooms. Just check at around 7 or 8 am Vegas time regularly. Papillion is fine and so is going just the South tour. IT’s such as wonderful experience no matter how you approach it, that it’s always worth it. If you think the price is excessive, tell me how much and I’ll tell you my opinion. Jules

11. Reo
    Reo says:

Hey Jules,
    I checked out your room tour of Aria. Really glad you posted a video of Aria since I’ve never stayed there nor have i ever seen a good room tour from there. I have to say, its a very nice room, however from what i saw, its not really the luxury that i was expecting to see, especially since Aria has full luxury prices for sure. The bathroom was very luxurious but the room itself and the corridor seemed to be pretty standard (modern but not really glamorous) especially in comparison to Encore. I stayed at Encore recently, and let me tell you, after staying at Encore you really begin to notice the differences in Vegas hotels, everything from the quality of the furniture to housekeeping and the bed itself. Makes me wonder if Aria really has more luxurious rooms, but maybe for comp rooms they only issue the more base/standard rooms. I think your video will be helpful to a lot of people. Thanks.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Reo, well said! Aria does have more luxurious rooms but so does Encore. If you compare the level-entry ‘rooms’ at Encore with those at Aria, the ones at Encore are way better in every aspect. I would stay at Encore more often but its location is a bit off-putting for me. I usually need to be more central for my reviews, but I really love Encore 🙂

12. Debbie S
    Debbie S says:

Good day Jules. Was very interested in your review of Aria standard room that you posted today. Hubby and I are going to Vegas in October and I struggled with deciding between Aria and Mandalay Bay – Mandalay Bay was so much more affordable for us thru MLife but it’s so far down the strip. In the end, I had to go with Mandalay Bay and now I’m glad I did. I’ve stayed Aria before and I like the high tech and beauty of it, but between the mess going on at Monte Carlo and the difference in price I’m glad to know it looks like we made the better choice, even if Mandalay Bay is so far down. We can always use the trams 🙂 Thanks for all you do to keep us informed.

Jules at top-buffet says:

You are very welcome Debbie :):) Yes, the location of Mandalay Bay is not ideal but if you get used to the free tram and then walk to Monte Carlo e then use the tram again to go to Aria or Bellagio (from Bellagio you will have to walk to go to Caesar’s but it’s literally across the road) it’s not too bad. The trams were never too busy but occasionally they are, so give yourselves extra minutes just in case.

13. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Reading your update on the Palms Buffet, I did some googling and it appears that the buffet is going to be replaced by a “food hall” concept that will be “the next generation of Las Vegas buffets.” I don’t know what they mean by that. Perhaps something similar to Harrah’s Fulton Street food court?

As to the person complaining about your voice. Seriously? Get your hearing checked. Because you can’t be hearing the same voice the rest of us are hearing. For some reason the Internet brings out negative people who like to criticize and heap abuse on others. But, luckily, they are small, but very vocal, in number. The vast majority of your viewers are extremely grateful for the work you provide (for free!) and you have no doubt made many people’s Las Vegas vacations a lot better with your advice.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Well done and thanks for sharing! They like to create a buzz over what’s going to be new but for me as long as the food is good, with plenty of options for everybody AND value for money, I’ll be happy. I can’t wait to see what they end up doing in the end. But I wonder if affordability will still be one of the key aspects… The opening date is so far ahead that I suspect there may be changes to their plan, so we’ll see! But I welcome any info that you may have (any of you) 😉
      As per my voice… well.. I like it 😉 Thanks for your kind words!

14. Reo
    Reo says:

Hey Jules, just a quick follow up on my week in vegas. I flew in on 7/2/17 and flew back home on 7/7/17. All went well and I had a great time. My hotel plans changed a bit, but all for the better, i stayed (2) nights at Harris, then (2) nights at Encore, and the final night at Hard Rock, (all comped) We even walked to Tacos El Gordo on the strip 🙂
    I now know exactly why you speak so highly of Encore in your videos, (it is the best in my opinion) PS, i got to visit the Diamond Members Lounge at Caesars Palace. It was very nice.

15. Gabi
    Gabi says:

Hi Jules! My mother and I both love to watch your videos. We binge-watched them when we first discovered your channel 😁 Often times in your videos, you mention the poor quality of the olive oil served and that you wished you had brought your own. I heard from a professor of mine recently that olive oil has many health benefits. Are there any brands (that are sold in America) that you would recommend? We trust your opinion as you and your family are olive oil experts! 💜

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Gabi sorry for the delay (I was away) and wow, thanks for the interesting question! When I buy olive oil in the United States or in Canada I always go for the ORGANIC kind. If the made-in-Italy (or Spain, or Greece) organic oil is too expensive, I opt for one brand made in Tunisia (it’s affordable!). If find the texture and flavor to be quite authentic. But go organic. Yes, the health benefits are huge. I literally drink it on my salads, when I know it’s good quality. 😉

16. Adam Goldstein
    Adam Goldstein says:

Hey Jules,
    Got back from Vegas for the first time and can’t believe what an amazing time I had! I stayed at the Cosmopolitan and had the best Hotel experience of my life. I just happened to be watching your Planet Hollywood buffet video and I have to say I agree as I had their buffet. Overall, the dishes were mediocre but I have to say I loved the Yukon Mashed Potatoes and Mexican Corn. (I don’t know what they do to it, I think it’s deep fried with Polenta or something but if you happen to be back there give it a try. I have to say I was disappointed with the Cosmo buffet. (Perhaps I built it up in my head) but I was not a fan of the deserts and I was suprised at the lack of selection. I thought the Roasted Pork shoulder was great there though! I couldn’t believe how long the line was. I thought “Secret Pizza” at the Cosmo’s White Pizza was to die for. Kind of a random thing and I’m not sure if you are into White Pizza’s but the whole time I was there I couldn’t stop eating it! Thanks again for your youtube replies and I appreciate your video’s and will keep watching! I had such a great time in Vegas last time I am going back in 3 weeks. I booked the Rio through Jetblue and got Flight and Hotel for 5 days for $475. So excited to return!

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello Adam! Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with everything you said. I loved their white pizza too! 🙂 My favorite pizza is full of high quality tomato sauce (maybe with some capers with but no cheese) but for that I have to go to some hidden Italian places LOL – Good to know that the Yokon Mashed Potatoes were still good and that the Mexican corn was also good, though deep-fried 😉 Yes, I agree the Cosmo buffet is all in all a disappointment if you consider the huge line ups and the very small selection, though as you pointed out they usually have at least one good meat dish. I can’t wait to hear what your experience at the Rio is like! Are you going for the Star Trek convention? I may be there at the same period, or maybe a little later.

17. Rephael Rechitzky
    Rephael Rechitzky says:

Thank you Jules. It is nice to see how much you love what you do and you show knowledge, both in the food selection and the service. You do great service to this magic city. I hope to meet you one day. All the best for now.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Thank you Rephael! 🙂 It’s important to love what we do, otherwise life slips buy… 🙂 I hope to meet you too! I may “publicize” my next dates in Vegas so anybody who wants to say hi can do so! Hugs to you all, Jules

18. Rephael Rechitzky
    Rephael Rechitzky says:

Jules, I love your videos. I mentioned that this is not your occupation and you only do it because you love it and not for a living. What do you do for a living, if you don’t mind me asking?

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hi Rephael! I love that you love my videos 😉 I used to work in Marketing and did a variety of travel reviews in Europe as well… Now I am embarking a more “spiritual” lifestyle and I am a Reiki practitioner. But I would love to work on Vegas more “full time” 🙂 It may seem a contradiction, but Las Vegas has a lot of great energy; so many adults are happy there, even relaxed. It’s nice to absorb it all. And then I love buffets 😉 And the natural landscape all around is simply breath-taking.

• Anonymous
        Anonymous says:

Thank you Jules. Your work is really great, because you love what you do and of course, you show tones of knowledge about both the food and the service. I love this city. It is really magic and you forget about anything and can enjoy your time and relax. Hope to meet you one day. I am from Toronto.

Jules at top-buffet says:

Hello and you’re welcome! I certainly do love what I do and I do have some “standards” LOL having been exposed to good food for many years of my life. I love this city too. I totally agree with you, I love Vegas because you step into a different dimension. I always day-dream there of meeting magical people. I live in Vancouver BC but currently I am in Italy for a holiday, then back to Las Vegas and Florida. I was in Goderich a few months ago, I actually loved it, especially the huge amount of ice on the lake. I stood there and I felt as if I were in a far away planet. What a magical experience. Wow. Hugs

« Older Comments

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Your email address will not be published.